Find everything you need to know about home ownership in Canada. Whether you’re seeking renovation tips, looking for a professional contractor, trying to understand the stages of the home building process – and more – the CHBA blog is a great place to start.
Owning a home in Canada: What you need to know, and why
Am I ready to buy my first home? What should I expect from a home builder? How do I begin a renovation? Where can I find a professional contractor?
Buying a home is likely the biggest and most exciting purchase you’ll ever make, and once you’ve moved in your focus will shift to maintenance and renovations. For every step in this process, you’ll want solid information so that you can make smart decisions. Follow the CHBA blog and learn practical tips and information about:
• Planning for a new home, whether you’re new to home ownership or a move-up buyer
• How the new home construction process works
• Smart renovation planning, whether you DIY or hire a professional
• How to find a good renovator or trade contractor
• Design inspiration and new products – tools to build your new home and renovation plans
• Much more!
CHBA is the voice of Canada’s residential construction industry. An advocate for home owners, new home buyers, builders, renovators, and other industry leaders, CHBA helps provide Canadians with access to homes they can afford, while supporting the businesses of its members.
Visit our website to learn more about home ownership in Canada – from buying a new home to renovating, housing affordability, and much more.